How New City started
The congregation called New City Fellowship began in 1968 as a Mission Sunday School in the black community of downtown Chattanooga . We organized as a church in 1976 and continue to maintain our vision to be a cross-cultural church, ministering to black and white, rich and poor, young and old.
New City Fellowship is a member congregation of the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA). The PCA was formed in 1973 by a nucleus of about 260 churches and has grown as of 2020 to about 1600 churches with 300,000 members. The form of government is by a plurality of elders. Individual churches have elders, and congregations are united with a commitment of mutual support, encouragement, and accountability. See our denominational website for more background and history of the PCA.
Be a part of our story...
Join us every Sunday as we gather to worship together a 8:30 am and 11 am.